There’s a lot of hype around the air fryer these days, and for good reason. Much like traditional oil frying methods, air fryers cook up delicious dishes with that crispy, golden finish we all crave. However, instead of using all that oil, air fryers circulate hot air to cook their contents.
The end result is almost identical to its less healthy, deep-fried counterpart, and the recipe ideas are limitless. From dinner party appetizers to side dishes sure to pump up your workouts, your air fryer can do just about anything.
In this article, you will discover 8 of the top ketogenic diet air fryer recipes for your supercharged keto lifestyle.
#1: Low Carb Keto Asian-Style Chicken Nuggets
These delicious chicken nuggets may take the cake for top ketogenic diet air fryer recipes. An all-American standby, they are breaded with sesame seeds and taste incredible.
No, these aren’t your ordinary drive-thru chicken nuggets. We are talking crispy, crunchy, and juicy, straight out of your air fryer.
Best of all? They’re as easy to make as standard oil-fried chicken, just with WAY less oil! Simply select your dredging (coconut flour is a great choice), then dip the pieces in egg or egg whites for a healthier spin.
Simply place them in your mesh are fryer basket, and spray with a mist of cooking spray for 10-12 minutes, give or take. Then BOOM. This ain’t McDonald’s folks, these chicken nuggets are packed with flavor.
#2: Power Bacon
Remember when bacon was a craze? But then everybody found out it in fact WAS kind of bad for you. Bummer. Well, those days are gone. You can prepare some of the crispiest, crackling bacon you’ve ever had in your air fryer, and it’s EASY.
To make the holy grail of bacon, set your air fryer to 400 degrees F. Cook for 5 minutes, then inspect the slices. Cook for 3-5 minutes more, until the bacon is done to your liking. It’s that simple, folks.
IMPORTANT: For the most powerful of Power Bacon, opt for a sugar-free version.
#3: Keto Balls (Meatballs)
Talk about a savory staple. Keto meatballs are versatile and delicious, and can be incorporated into dozens of dishes. Because of this, these keto balls are one of the top ketogenic diet air fryer recipes.
To make these amazing little protein powerhouses, you will need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¼ cup marinara sauce (no sugar added)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Dried minced onion
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 1 egg
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F. Mix together all ingredients in a medium-size bowl until mixed thoroughly. From the mixture, make (12) 1-inch circular meatballs. Place the balls single layer in the mesh basket, and cook for 10-12 minutes.
Be sure to check on them at 10 minutes, and cook for a few more minutes until the desirable doneness.
Throw them on some zoodles for a night in Little Keto Italy!
#4: Creamed Keto Spinach (For Massive Gains, Bro)
Creamed Spinach that will pump you up in the weight room? Okay, hear this out.
This is one of the tastiest and simplest keto side dishes to make in an air fryer. Best of all? It all starts with a ridiculously cheap and easy package of frozen spinach.
Spinach is super high in nitrates, which are responsible for dilating your blood vessels. This gives you that “pump” feeling when working out. So not only do you get a delicious side dish, you’ll also be ramping up your workouts.
- (1) 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed (organic preferred)
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 oz. cream cheese (diced)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. nutmeg, ground
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Using a 6-inch pan, grease with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix the spinach, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, cream cheese dices, & nutmeg in a medium-size bowl. Pour into the greased pan.
- Set your air fryer at 350 degrees F and cook for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes, stir and mix the cream cheese through the spinach
- After 10 minutes, sprinkle ¼ cup parmesan cheese on top, and turn up air fryer to 400 F. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
#5: The G.O.A.T. Jalapeno Poppers
Why are these tasty jalapeno bites the greatest of all time, you may be asking? Because they are made with creamy, delectable goat cheese of course!
These jalapeno poppers are equal parts spicy, smooth, and delicious. They make a perfect addition to a keto-friendly dinner party, and are one of the top ketogenic diet air fryer recipes for appetizers.
- 5 jalapenos, medium-size
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Cilantro, dried
- chili powder
- crushed red pepper
- salt, to taste
- Slice jalapenos in half and deseed.
- Combine the dried onion, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, and crushed red pepper to the goat cheese. Start with just a pinch of each, and sample to your desired flavor and spiciness level. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Take jalapeno halves and scoop in goat cheese mixture.
- Set air fryer to 350 degrees F and cook for 5 minutes (for crispy poppers!) or 8-10 minutes for a softer finished dish.
#6: Keto Fish Swords (Sticks)
These aren’t Grandma’s frozen fish sticks. They are simple but powerful cod chunks that become mighty swords when breaded in the SECRET ingredient.
Pork rinds. Oh yes. It may sound crazy, but these keto fish sticks are breaded in pork rind panko. They are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted, and they are ridiculously easy to make.
These take about 10 minutes of prep time, and 10 minutes of cook time. Here’s a quick rundown of the recipe.
- 1 lb. cod (or other white fish)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ cups pork rind panko
- ¾ tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Spray interior of air fryer with cooking spray (non-stick, try avocado oil!)
- Take the fish and gently pat dry
- Cut into 1 inch by 2 inch pieces (dimensions don’t need to be exact)
- Whisk together the mustard, mayo, and water in a shallow bowl
- In another bowl, mix the pork rind panko and cajun seasoning together. Add salt and pepper to taste (the seasoning could already be really salty, so add salt in tiny pinches at a time)
- Set air fryer to 400 degrees F and bake on one side for 5 minutes. Flip, and bake for another 5 minutes, or until desired doneness.
Eat your heart out, frozen fish sticks.
#7: Parmesan Zucchini Fries
No keto recipe list would be complete without some delicious zucchini fries. With just 3 net carbs per serving, these bad boys only take 15 minutes to make and are simple as can be to prepare.
- 2 medium zucchini
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cooking spray (avocado oil works great!)
- Halve the zucchini and cut into 3-4 inch pieces, roughly ½ inch thick
- Combine almond flour, parmesan, italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Dredge zucchini chunks in the egg, and roll into almond flour mixture
- Place coated pieces on baking sheet and generously mist with cooking spray or oil
- Set air fryer to 400 degrees F and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown
PRO TIP: You can sub any seasoning for the Italian seasoning. Try cajun, buttermilk ranch, or even taco seasoning…it’s up to you!
#8: Crispy Cheesecake Bites
Could air fryers get any more awesome? Even decadent cheesecake is fair game with this keto-friendly recipe.
Each succulent bite only has 2 grams net carbs, making this one of the top ketogenic diet air fryer recipes for a dessert.
The best part? They are quick and easy to make, and are perfect for dinner parties too. All the fun and deliciousness of cheesecake, zero guilt.
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 tbsp. heavy cream, divided
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup erythritol
- Sit cream cheese at room temperature for 20-25 minutes, until softened
- Mix softened cream cheese, vanilla, 2 tablespoons heavy cream, and erythritol with a stand mixer (paddle attachment recommended)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop mixture onto paper
- Freeze for 30-40 minutes, until firm
- In small bowl, mix almond flour with 2 more tablespoons erythritol
- Dip the frozen bites into 2 tablespoons heavy cream, and dredge in almond flour mixture
- Set air fryer to 350 degrees F and cook for 2 minutes
Prepare to be amazed…
You’ll never go to Cheesecake Factory again.
It’s All About Making Keto Fun (And Delicious)
In this article we highlighted 8 top ketogenic diet air fryer recipes. They were carefully selected as a diverse collection of different meats, ingredients, main dishes, sides, and desserts.
From household staples like keto meatballs to unique fish sticks (swords!) made with pork rind panko, these recipes are sure to build your enthusiasm for a healthy keto lifestyle.
With all these delicious possibilities, it’s obvious air fryers are pretty amazing. Until they invent a portable hand-held fryer, though, you’ll need to get clever when trying to stick to keto on the go.
Check out my favorite travel-ready keto snacks here.