After this Keto Nootropic review, you’ll have a better understanding as to how this supplement can enhance your quality of life and increase your mental performance.
Perfect Keto has just recently released a nootropic supplement specifically designed to help enhance mental cognition specifically for people on the ketogenic diet.
But before we get into exactly what’s inside Keto Nootropic, you’re probably wondering what a nootropic is…
What are Nootropics?
Nootropics are a new form of supplements designed to enhance brain cognition.
The boom in the nootropics industry happened when the movie Limitless came out by Bradley Cooper. In the movie, the main character would take a pill that allowed him to achieve every goal he set for himself.
Ever since, people have started looking for supplements to help gain a mental edge in their own life.
For a supplement to be considered a nootropic, it must:
- Enhance memory and learning
- Protect the brain from any neurodegenerative disorders
- Be safe to use and non-toxic
- Increase the efficiency of neuron firing control mechanisms
But as of recently, people are using the term for any supplement that may provide a mental cognitive enhancement.
You may also have heard them called brain boosters or cognitive enhancers.
Here’s how I like to consider whether a substance is a nootropic or not:
If it’s a supplement that helps your brain function better in the long-term, then it’s a nootropic.
With that said, I do not consider substances like Adderall a nootropic. While ADHD medications obviously make you think better and focus for longer periods of time, the effects ultimately harm you in the long-term.
Nootropics on the other hand, help your brain function better and more clearly the longer you use them whereas ADHD medication is hurting your neurotransmitter functioning in the longer term.
What is Keto Nootropic?
Keto Nootropic is a nootropic blend designed by Perfect Keto that includes exogenous ketones as well as MCT powder and collagen.
This makes it the perfect supplement for people on the ketogenic diet who also want to experience an increase in cognitive benefits.
The beauty of Keto Nootropic is, the ingredients aren’t a proprietary blend like you would see from other brands. This is one of the main reasons why I absolutely love the company.
They thrive on not using fillers and you can tell it’s quality because when you use it, you can actually feel the effects.
Nootropic Compounds That Actually Work
One of the biggest concerns when using nootropics is not knowing the proper dosage and which nootropics to combine with each other.
Luckily, Keto Nootropic takes out all of the guesswork and gives you the optimal dosage for each ingredient.
Here are the nootropic ingredients in Keto Nootropic:
Phosphatidylserine is a fatty substance created in the body that protects nerve cells in the brain and helps communicate messages between the brain and body.
It’s thought to play a crucial role in keeping your memory on point as you get older.
Phosphatidylserine supplementation has been used as a natural remedy for[*]:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Age-related memory issues
Gingko biloba is a natural supplement derived from the leaf of the gingko tree. It’s been widely researched for decades and has been used for its protective effects against oxidative stress[*].
- Improves concentration. Research has shown that gingko biloba can help reverse cognitive decline. Scientists have concluded that this can be largely due to its anti-inflammatory effects which improves overall circulation.
- Helps fight depression. Chronically high stress levels have been linked to anxiety and depression. Gingko biloba may help raise your body’s ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Increases libido. Gingko has been shown to help balance hormones, especially serotonin. This might help people who struggle with erectile dysfunction.
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Also known as ALA, this nootropic is naturally occurring but additional supplementation provides more benefits.
Alpha lipoic acid helps fight damage done to the brain and neurons or the heart and liver.
- Increased focus. Using L-theanine with caffeine has shown to increase the attention enhancing effects while mitigating any negative jitters or nervousness you may experience from drinking coffee[*].
- Better sleep quality. L-theanine helps people fall asleep and reach deeper levels of sleep[*].
- Anxiety relief. Research shows that l-theanine supplementation significantly helped reduce stress in people who were under stressful situations[*].
Cat’s claw is a woody vine found that is known as the “life-giving plant”. It is considered one of the best antiviral herbs that helps boost your immune system and fight infection.
- Helps treat arthritis. Several studies show that cat’s claw can naturally improve arthritis symptoms.
- Improves immune system. Cat’s claw supplementation significantly elevates infection-fighting white blood cell count and also helps repair DNA.
- Helps with digestive issues. Scientists are looking into the possible treatment of digestive problems like Crohn’s disease, hemorrhoids and leaky gut syndrome.
Docosahexaenoic acid is an omega-3 fatty acid that can be found mostly in fish or grass-fed beef. Most people lack the proper amounts of DHA from their diet which can be problematic to their health.
DHA supplementation helps:
- Increase focus. Studies conducted on children showed that increased amounts of DHA can help mitigate symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)[*].
- Reduce inflammation. Supplementing with DHA can help lower chronic inflammation and autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, migraines and mulitple sclerosis.
- Improve mood. Several studies show that DHA supplementation may help protect people against depression and helps improve mood[*].
Alpha-GPC is one of the most widely studied nootropics known for its ability to help with memory. In fact, it has been prescribed by physicians in Europe to help people with memory issues.
- Improved memory. Alpha-GPC helps elderly people who are experiencing memory issues as well as people who just want better memory.
- Increased growth hormone. Studies have shown that athletes who supplemented with alpha-GPC experienced increased athletic performance.
- Better focus. People who have lower levels of choline are known to display more symptoms of ADHD. Alpha-GPC can help increase choline levels back to baseline and improve focus.
What Else is in Keto Nootropic?
Aside from the research-based nootropics above, Keto Nootropic also comes with three natural ingredients that can help you receive more mental benefits through additional ketone production.
Here are three ketone boost ingredients in Keto Nootropic:
- BHB — The additional 3.6g of BHB or beta-hydroxybutyrate further increases brain cognition through ketone production. BHB is the main ketone your body benefits from to help increase energy and maintain optimal focus.
- Collagen — 4g of grass-fed collagen helps with soft-tissue support and improves the health of your skin and bones.
- MCT Powder — 5g of MCT Oil powder will further increase ketone production for additional focus.
Synergistic Effects from Using Keto Nootropic
Keto Nootropic is great especially if you are already following a ketogenic diet. This is because the exogenous ketones (BHB) and MCT oil powder will help you stay in ketosis while providing your body with the additional cognitive benefits.
Alpha-GPC has also been shown to increase ketone production when consumed.
Consuming Keto Nootropic with caffeine will provide synergistic effects from l-theanine.
One study confirmed that combining L-theanine with caffeine helps improve cognitive performance and also increases alertness.
The study suggested 97mg of L-theanine combined with 40mg of caffeine helps focus attention during cognitively demanding tasks[*].
Since there is 150mg of L-theanine in Keto Nootropic, consuming one cup of coffee can provide the synergistic effects to give you a boost in mentally relaxed focus.
Benefits of Using Keto Nootropic
Ever since I started using Keto Nootropic, it’s really made a world of a difference in how I’m able to do certain tasks.
Here are some of the benefits I noticed from supplementing with Keto Nootropic:
- Enhanced focus. When I’m doing any cognitively demanding task like writing, I feel that I’m able to keep my attention for longer periods of time without getting distracted.
- Improved memory. I find it easier to remember things both short and long term. This may be a benefit that gets better the more you use it.
- Better mind muscle connection. When working out, I’m able to feel the certain muscle group work and contract it more which helps me get a better workout in.
- More productive. Anytime I start my day off with Keto Nootropic, I can almost guarantee that I’ll have a more productive day and get more stuff cross off the to-do list.
When to Use Keto Nootropic
You can supplement with Keto Nootropic anytime you are about to start a mentally or physically demanding task and need an extra boost.
From personal experience, here are the most optimal times to use Keto Nootropic:
- Start your morning with a scoop in a fasted state to further feel the effects
- Take it before studying to help with memory
- Before a workout to increase the mind muscle connection
- I take a scoop before writing as it helps me concentrate and the words flow better
- Anytime I know I’m having a long day where I’ll need to perform at my best
Hopefully This Keto Nootropic Review Clears Up Any Mental Confusion
After reading this Keto Nootropic review, you should have a better grasp as to whether you should add this into your supplement regimen.
I love Keto Nootropic because even if you’re not on the ketogenic diet, you can benefit from the ingredients they have included.
The ingredients are NOT a proprietary blend and each nootropic has science backed research to prove its efficacy.
So whether you’re looking to boost your ketones, improve your athletic mind muscle connection, or want to increase brain cognition and improve your memory and attention, Keto Nootropic is definitely a worthwhile investment.